How To Edit PDF Online?
Easy-to-use PDF software
Why is it generally impossible to edit PDF files like Microsoft Word documents?
It’s actually possible to edit them, but it depends a lot of on the data inside of the PDF. For example, if the PDF is actually made up of scanned images instead of OCR text or text, you won’t be able to make direct changes (save for altering the images). You can also run the image through an OCR api (or write your own) and potentially construct a new PDF, but that would be a lot of work. The above can only be accomplished, usually, through a programming environment and a library or API like itextsharp. The reason why a PDF is not editable like a Word document is that a PDF is basically a compiled document. Think of it like a computer program. When I’m programming, I’m writing code. That’s Microsoft Word. Every time I open up my environment, I can write new code or change my existing code all I want. When I compile it, though, to a program you can run, it’s not so easy anymore, is it? You can’t just change it (unless you want to break it). A PDF document is the same concept. The text and information is compiled into a final form that can be rendered by a variety of devices and screens and be relatively the same in all of them.
PDF documents can be cumbersome to edit, especially when you need to change the text or sign a form. However, working with PDFs is made beyond-easy and highly productive with the right tool.
How to Edit PDF with minimal effort on your side:
- Add the document you want to edit — choose any convenient way to do so.
- Type, replace, or delete text anywhere in your PDF.
- Improve your text’s clarity by annotating it: add sticky notes, comments, or text blogs; black out or highlight the text.
- Add fillable fields (name, date, signature, formulas, etc.) to collect information or signatures from the receiving parties quickly.
- Assign each field to a specific recipient and set the filling order as you Edit PDF.
- Prevent third parties from claiming credit for your document by adding a watermark.
- Password-protect your PDF with sensitive information.
- Notarize documents online or submit your reports.
- Save the completed document in any format you need.
The solution offers a vast space for experiments. Give it a try now and see for yourself. Edit PDF with ease and take advantage of the whole suite of editing features.
Edit PDF: All You Need to Know
A PDF, on the other hand, is a program. Because each document is a program, the text can’t necessarily be changed by you. Now, this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use OCR software for documents such as these (unless you plan on making large PDF documents) or that you should ignore the PDF format (unless you are working in an Adobe environment). PDF files are just another file format. That said, I do not believe for a minute that everyone knows about OCR (or should, for the fact that the program is still fairly new). Why? Because most of the time, PDFs are generated during the design process and therefore not readily available for the end user. This means that your best bet is to just grab the PDF file from whatever software you are currently using. In addition, any PDF is a text file, right? Yep: Text. You.